Here you can check out all the interesting details on boning knife, cimeter and also Japanese kitchen knife. All of these Damascus knives carry huge significance. On this web page, you can well and quickly explore their main uses and functioning.
First of all, we are going to talk about boning knives. As you can see that this is a common kitchen knife type! In addition, it has a sharp point and comes with a narrow blade. Furthermore, such kinds of Damascus kitchen knives are commonly used for food preparation tasks. You can use this knife for removing poultry bones, meat bones and also fish bones. It is 12 cm to 17 cm in length and extends up to 9 ½ inches as well.
You have to keep in mind that these boning knives are not that much thick-bladed. Furthermore, you can only utilize them for precision boning tasks and making deep cuts. There are a few of the boning knife designs that are featured with arched blade so that you can seamlessly perform fish flesh removal jobs with ease.
This one is a large and curved butcher’s knife. Most importantly, this knife blade typically ranges in between 8-14″ in length. For the sake of cutting large sections and pieces of meat, this knife is commonly used. With the use of cimeter, you can make retail cuts with precision.
You can either have this knife with granton edge or without granton edge. It is seen that granton edge knives are usually featured and packed with hollowed out sections and they are great for slicing meat. These Granton edge knives are extensively preferred when you are given the job of slicing thin poultry portions.
Japanese Kitchen Knife
- The last discussion revolves around Japanese kitchen knives. This is a common knife type that you can utilize for any of your food preparation tasks. Moreover, this knife is either made of stainless steel or it can even be made of hagane. Note down that hagane is a kind of steel that is often used for making and manufacturing Japanese swords.
- There are a few of the Japanese knives that are angled from both of the sides. And some variations and versions of Japanese knives are angled just from one side. It is believed that all those knives that are single-angled bladed, they tend to cut much better. Furthermore, such knives give you cleaner cuts.
- If using a knife carrying a double-beveled edge, then handling such a knife requires extensive skills and learning. It is since the time of World War II that the popularity of western-style knives and double-beveled knives has increased a lot.
- There are lots of other knives that are widely and commonly used in Japan and they are French chef’s knives and others. Most noteworthy, these knives are usually and generally sharpened symmetrically on both of the sides.
- On the other hand, a wide number of professional Japanese cooks prefer to use their very own personal knife set. It is witnessed that Japanese knives are featured with subtle variations right on their chisel grind. You can well see and note down that the back side of the blade is concave and this design manages to reduce drag. High-end Japanese knives allow you to separate your food in a cleaner manner.
Lastly, there is another Japanese knife version named as kanisaki deba and this respective knife is used for cutting crab and other kinds of shellfish. You can let us know if you want to explore more of the knife variations.